Here at bookiesreviews.co.uk we’ve developed our own handy tool to enable you to directly compare a number of betting sites.
The tool is completely free to use, and is based on in-depth reviews we have carried out of all the market leading bookmakers. We’ve analysed a range of services attributed to the various UK sports betting websites, to help form a rounded and reliable resource that you can have confidence in.
With these tips, you’ll be able to compare betting sites against each other. We compare everything from the welcome bonus offers that bookies make available to new customers, right through to their complete range of services. You can rest assured that we have all angles covered.
- What are the most important attributes for a bookmaker to have?
- Compare UK betting sites to find the best
- Welcome bonus offers
- Standout strengths of bookmakers
- Services the bookmaker offers
When you want to compare betting sites, it’s vital to know what’s important to a prospective customer. Below, we have identified key attributes that we believe are the most suitable features for comparing the sportsbook market.
With this approach we have designed a process that makes it easier for you to make like-for-like comparison between bookmakers when reviewing your options, and therefore make a confident decision based on the most important information.
The most important areas we have identified and on which we base our reviews are:
- Welcome Bonus Offers: What is the bookmaker prepared to offer you, as a valuable new customer?
- Standout Strengths: What is the bookmaker best known for? If you have a specific requirement for a particular sport, for example, can this bookmaker fulfil that need?
- Range of Services: It’s really important to know, before you commit, what a bookmaker can offer you as part of their service. Are you going to be placing bets while on the move? Then a solid app with great UX and easy bet placing is a must. Find out more about the best betting apps here.
We’ve got all of this covered in our extensive reviews of each bookie, and it’s all pulled together to form the scoring system in our comparison tool above.
Our comparison system is exclusive to our site and is has been devised by our team of experts, who chose the most appropriate points across the range of services available to an avid sportsbook betting fans.
Once you’ve decided which bookie you want to go with, or if you are already up and running, and you want to compare betting odds between different bookmakers then we’ve got more information on how best to approach that too.
When deciding which betting site to go with, an important factor in your decision will naturally focus on the desire to compare betting offers for new customers.
Often, these offers will be presented in a variety of ways, so here is a guide to some of the terms you’ll come across to help you understand just what you’ll be comparing across bookmakers:
- More than deposit: Earn a welcome bonus that is more than your first deposit amount.
- Matched deposit: Earn a welcome bonus that matches your first deposit.
- Less than deposit: Earn a welcome bonus that is less the amount of your first deposit (rare).
- No deposit: You can earn a welcome bonus without having to make a cash deposit.
- Free bet: You get a fixed amount of credit to place as a first bet. This is often accompanied by a requirement to make a minimum deposit in your account, or to place a bet of a minimum amount.
- Risk free bet: A bet that will return all or part of your stake (either as cash or credit on your account) if your bet is unsuccessful. This can also be presented as Cash Money Back bet.
- Enhanced odds offer: New customers are offered exclusive odds on a market at 20/1 instead of 8/1, for example. This can also take a number of other forms, such as a doubling of the odds on offer.
- In-play profit boost: You get to select a profit boost up to a fixed percentage with your first in-play bet.
When comparing bookies, it’s also important to understand what specific areas they may be able to serve you in best.
Some bookmakers offer better or a more extensive range of odds on certain sports, while others may focus more strongly on particular sports or types of events. Here are some of the areas you should focus on:
- Daily offers: The betting site offers an array of daily deals on a range of markets (more than 1 or 2 offers).
- Horse racing: The betting operator is particularly good at offering markets, insights & deals on horses.
- Football: The betting operator is particularly good at offering a range of markets, coupons & deals on football.
- Goals galore: The bookie readily promotes and encourages goals galore markets & coupons.
- Accumulators (Accas): The bookies has a variety of coupons, offers, markets on Accas. This may be special money back deals or Acca insurance offers.
- Best Odds Guaranteed (BOG): Best Odds Guaranteed on specific markets. This often relates to horse racing where the bookie will change your price to the starting price (SP) if it is better.
The services offered by individual bookmakers will greatly influence your betting experience and how much you enjoy it.
Here are some things you should always look out for and assess when comparing bookies and deciding which will offer you the best experience based on what’s most important to you:
- Cash out: The betting site allows you to cash in your bet before the market closes, or in-play, for example.
- Partial cash out: The bookie offers customers the facility to cash out a part of a bet, reducing the win amount but still leaving you with part of the bet.
- App download: The betting operator has developed a stand alone app for you to download. This is standard across almost all bookmakers now.
- Messenger app: A type of app that allows customers to text (in a way) their bets to the bookie.
- Tips & insights: The bookie provides useful information within the page content of a betting market, like spotlights on horse racing for example.
- Price boosts: The betting site will often boost bets, markets etc, to give you better prices for a short time. This is a type of bonus.